The next day, we got up early and drove for a little more that an hour to a restaurant called Les Cornettes. The 3 course prefix meal consisted of an appetizer, palate cleanser entree, cheese course, and dessert, and I can confidently say that it was the largest meal I have ever eaten!
To the right is the meal appetizer that Corinne's husband, Patrice, ordered for himself. Below is my appetizer, which was the cheese plate. There are two different types of cheeses and a cheese stuffed potato.
Mom's dish was the melon platter, which consisted of the same dried meats as my plate, as well as melon sorbet, melon soup, and sliced melon.
Laura finished her plate before everyone else!
The appetizer was followed by a pear sorbet palate cleanser.
For our main course, Mom ordered lamb (left) and I had duck (below). All the dishes came with a mac and cheese like pasta, cheesy potatoes, a bread like pastry filled with a pea sauce, vegetables in butter, a cooked pear, and a phyllo dough meat thing.
I'm not really sure what any of the technical terms would be.
The main course was followed by a selection of cheese. The cheese to the left was Mom's selection because Corinne asked the server to give Mom a taste of everything. I believe that plate full of cheese counts as more than a taste.
Our last course was dessert. I ordered the Crème brûlée, and Mom had an ice cream sundae with chocolate, caramel, and coffee ice cream. We learned that no matter how full you are, there is always room for ice cream.
This was one of the best, and biggest, meals of my life. We followed it up with Geocaching and a quick drive through Evian in the pouring rain. We got back in time to see a rainbow just above the building, and then we all rested, going to bed without dinner. None of us really wanted to eat for at least a year.

Love all your reflections! Its awesome to see your perspective of all the adventures! Love you, Tia
ReplyDelete