It is January 3rd, my 12th day on the East Coast. I spent about 9 days in Connecticut, with crazy little cousins (love them!), a crazy big dog (love him!), and my aunts and uncles (love them!). Some of the exceptionally rare and exciting things I did: a big Christmas with my family, a photo shoot- also with my family-, stayed the night at my 1st cousin once removed's house, with dozens of other family, squished in a corner, went to NYC, and did an audio recording of 3 books with my younger cousin Killian: Knuffle Bunny Free, The Other Side, and Edwina. That was an exceptionally rare and exciting thing to do, and the people there said that, if we could, they would love it if we could do some more ensemble parts of some other books. Now, my (and Killy's) names will be in 3 short videos for very famous books.
Now I'm in the Catskill Mountains in New York. It's quiet and peaceful - and almost snowy - with not much to do but huddle under blankets and read books- which is exactly what I'm doing. I'm on my 4th book (thanks Aunt Shannie and Uncle Toby and Aidan and Cailyn and Cash for introducing me to the Sisters Grimm series!!! Very AWESOME books!!!)
I've begun using our Nook from Barnes and Noble - by the way, you can use any BN gift card on it, not just Nook gift card, for all of you with Nooks- and it's very useful, though sometimes I have to pause my reading so I can charge it (just so it doesn't die in the middle of a good chapter). On Thursday, we're going home. Then we have 3 peaceful days until school starts.
Currently, I'm playing bridge...yes, I am multitasking even if that is impossible. Now, I am the dummy, thankfully, because I currently have 1 point. My partner (my father) is not very happy with my hand. Neither am I, but I am no longer part of the game, no longer part of the stress and worry... and fun of it, but this is fun too. I will update my blog soon- actually, I am going to begin a new page in a few minutes with a different topic.
Thank you for reading my blog and taking such interest in me!!!
Kacey
What a freaking cool vacation! Can't believe you got to do voiceovers - what an accomplished girl you are, miss K :)
ReplyDeleteI don't even know how to play bridge, so tell your dad that I say HE'S the dummy. xo